Machu Picchu the new wonder of the world
Machu Picchu is an Inca city surrounded by temples, platforms and water channels, built on top of a mountain. Its construction was built with large blocks of stone joined together, without the use of amalgam. At the moment it is considered cultural patrimony of the humanity when being recognized like important political center, religious and administrative of the Incaic time.
Where it is located?
Machu Picchu, which in Spanish means “old mountain”, is the most famous Inca citadel in the world. Located 110 kilometers northeast of Cusco, in the province of Urubamba, this architectural jewel is surrounded by temples, platforms and water channels.
History and architecture
Built in the fifteenth century, possibly at the request of the Inca Pachacuteq, Machu Picchu is divided into two large sectors: the agricultural comprising a vast network of terraces and artificial terraces and the urban, consisting of various buildings and plazas including the Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Three Windows, the Main Temple and the Temple of the Condor.
Its buildings follow the classic Inca style: buildings with polished stone walls in a rectangular shape, joined together without the use of amalgams, doors and trapezoidal windows.
– Declared a Cultural and Natural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO, being considered as an important religious, political and administrative center of the Inca period.
-Machu Picchu was interconnected with the entire Inca Empire through the Qhapac Ñan, known route of the Inca roads.
– Its temperature ranges between 6.2 ° and 29.5 °, since it is located in a subtropical zone. Its rainiest months are from November to March.
– Its majestic architecture comprises some 140 structures throughout the citadel.
– The average altitude of the citadel is 2 450 m s.n.m.
– The mountains of Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu are ideal for panoramic photographs of the entire architectural complex.
– Its discovery is due to the researcher Hiram Bingham III who was looking for the last capital of the Vilcabamba Incas.
– Machu Picchu was declared “Historical Sanctuary of Peru” in 1981.
-Very early in the morning, transfer Cusco
– Ollantaytambo train station.
– Departure by tourist train to the town of Aguas Calientes.
-Arrival and installation at the hotel in Aguas Calientes.
-Free time for walks and shopping.
-Night at the hotel.
-Very early in the morning, we set off on foot towards the bus stop to go up to Machu Picchu.
-Back on Sernatur bus, entrance to the archaeological site, guided 2 hours and free time in the enclosure for photos or free walks to the door of the sun, guard house, Inca bridge, etc …
-Bajada towards the town at the indicated time (by bus or on foot).
– Lunch in typical Aguas Calientes restaurant.
-Train return to Ollantaytambo.
-Transfer from Ollantaytambo – Cusco
END OF OUR SERVICES
Tour tourist round trip.
-Night at Aguas Calientes Hotel.
-1 Breakfast box lunch type.
-1 lunch at a typical restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
-Guided private or shared for 2 hours on the archaeological site tour.
-Bus upload and download to Mapi.
-Entrance to the archaeological site.